For Sale By Owner? FSBO!
You can sell your home yourself. Use these professional home selling tips to help you get the best price.
Price Your Home According To The Market
- Look at recent sales comparisons, and consider your competition.
- An overpriced home will immediately discourage potential buyers from viewing your home.
- Consider getting an appraisal to establish the true value of your home.
Make A Positive First Impression
- Curb appeal is important and easy to enhance without spending a fortune.
- Make your home attractive and welcoming to buyers by:
- Planting flowers around your mailbox
- Removing bikes and clutter from the yard
- Weeding and keeping lawns mowed
- Trimming overgrown shrubs around the home and walkways
- Pressure-washing driveway, walkways, and patios
- Painting the front door is needed and purchasing a new doormat
- Replacing any wood rot, and repairing garage doors, fences and door sashes.
Keep Your Home Inviting and Well-Maintained
- Clean walls, floors, doors and carpets.
- Replace worn-out carpet with a neutral color.
- Paint scuffed walls with a neutral color. Painting is one of the least expensive improvements you can do to
- Make your home more appealing.
- Remember you are selling your “space.” Remove clutter and your home will appear lighter, brighter and more spacious.
- Your home can never be too clean for a potential buyer, so:
- Clean the oven, refrigerator, and organize cupboards.
- Clear off countertops and remove pictures from the refrigerator.
- Clean all ceiling fans, light fixtures and blinds.
- Organize the laundry room, garage and closets.
- Store excess furniture and make rooms less crowded.
- Eliminate strong odors or unpleasant smells from pets or cooking.
Stage Your Home For All Showings
- Make sure the lights are on in every room including bathrooms, closets and hallways.
- Pull back drapes and open or raise blinds.
- Place potpourri in several rooms of your home.
- Turn on soft easy-listening music.
- Keep all pets away during showings and store pet dishes.
- Put kitchen garbage under the sink.
- Display fresh towels in the bathrooms.